This is from the student blogging challenge #10. The italicized and underlined words are my answers.
Please evaluate the challenge mentioning something about the following topics:
Registration: Is two weeks early enough for registration to begin before the first challenge?
-Maybe we three or four weeks is good for students to register of course and to learn about internet safety, how to treat laptops, and how to use laptops.
Subscription: Did you subscribe by RSS or email in order to get the posts as soon as they were published?
-Since I am a student blogger, I can;t subscribe to RSS or email, but I am sure my teacher did.
Student and class pages: How useful are these pages in the header of the blogging challenge?
-The pages are really helpful for other people to navigate blogs and see what different topics the blogger will read about.
- Did you visit the actual challenge on the blog each week or did your teacher have a post on your class blog?
-I had to look at the challenge, but sometimes my teacher would show what to do if it was hard to understand.
- Which challenges were the most useful?
-The challenges that were the most useful were all of them because they all gave students different things to talk about every time and commented to other people, communicating with the world.
- Which challenges were the most interesting?
-The most interesting challenges were #7, 8, and 9 because they were all fun involving expressing ourselves.
- What would be some other topics you would like included in future challenges?
-Other topics would be to meet an over-sea friend that can be your pen-pal and write to each other.
- Are more tutorial type challenges needed? eg how to make a link in your post
-There should be more tutorial challenges because students don’t really know everything especially young seven year old’s.
- Were the ‘Visit these’ posts useful?
-They weren’t very useful to me because they all didn’t make value to me.
- Were the challenges where you had to embed ie polls, cartoons, wallwisher etc interesting or could you not embed due to being a free Edublogs blog or a blogging platform that didn’t allow embedding?
-They all were interesting because I could do it all, but embedding the sometimes deleted all my other widgets.
- Were there enough chances to visit blogs from overseas and make links with other students/classes?
-No because all the class time my class gets is a Thursday for about two hours.
- Classes that registered – were there enough activities specific to classes? Did you make global connections?
-I can’t answer this because I was a student blogger.
- Anything else you would like to mention about the challenge in particular
Nothing else except that it was a good experience.